Injured At Work? Disabled?
I Can Help!
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Workers Compensation
Christopher J. Smith has been a practicing attorney in Tampa, Florida since 1989. He is a sole practitioner, representing injured workers and disabled individuals throughout Tampa Bay and west central Florida. Mr. Smith received his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University in 1986. He received his juris doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in 1989. He has focused on workers' compensation law since he began his practice in 1989, and he has been Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Workers' Compensation Law since 1996. In addition to his handling of workers' compensation claims, he also represents individuals in connection with Social Security Disability claims. He has been a member of the Board of Directors of Florida Workers' Advocates since 2003 and was president of that organization in 2008 - 2009 and 2018 - 2019. He has also been a member of the Executive Council of The Workers' Compensation Section of The Florida Bar since 2007 and was Chair of the Council in 2013 - 2014. He was a member of the Rules Advisory Committee of The Florida Bar from 2011 - 2014. He has spoken at numerous legal conferences throughout his practice on a variety of workers' compensation topics.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- J.D. - 1989
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- B.A. - 1986
- Florida, 1989
- Awarded the David H. Levine Leadership Award in 2013 from Florida Workers’ Advocates
- Awarded the 2019 Albert Frierson - Stewart Colling Professionalism Award by The Florida Bar Workers’ Compensation Section
- Awarded the 2009 Shoe Leather Award by the Florida Justice Association
- Awarded the 2019 CAEL Award from Florida Workers’ Advocates
- Florida Workers’ Advocates, Board of Directors, 2003 to Present
- Florida Bar’s Workers’ Compensation Section, Executive Council, 2007 to Present
- Rules Advisory Council of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Florida Bar, Member, 2011 to 2014
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Workers’ Injury Law Group, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law, The Florida Bar, 1996